Sunday, June 17, 2012

Flag of Hate

Blog me this and blog me that. Saw Kreator last night. Who would have thought it. Mille Petroza was everything I thought he'd be. The opening burst of Violent Revolution, Hordes of Chaos and Phobia set the tone for the rest of their set but People of the Lie, Terror Zone and Pleasure to Kill pretty much sealed it. People of the Lie was in particular, fucking awesome and surprised myself by still remembering all the words. Some things you just don't forget, I guess. Otherwise, Suidakra was really fucking boring. Dying Embrace was pretty great and Kryptos had a huge sound and were very professional even if their songs aren't really my scene.

Pretty good show overall but I wish the venue was a bit closer. Took me 2 hours to ride there including one wrong turn that took me way off course and one scary moment when an idiot in a Swift decided to back up all over me and left me on the ground. Many thanks to the auto driver who lifted my bike off me and I hope that driver gets a case of genital herpes (and severe heartburn when he went home and saw the state of his bumper). My bike's leg rest is once again crooked and my most comfortable jeans have an unfortunate rip but  otherwise no great loss. Still, such a long ride and the constant walking to and fro from the venue in a college football field to the parking lot has left me with stiff hamstrings and aching legs. If I wasn't following someone on the way back I think I might have still been there. Going round in circles.

There's a new Manowar album. Its strangely subdued and not as epic as the last one I heard but all the better for it. Kind of streamlined and a lot more focused.

Another weekend done and dusted
Another sky threatening to burst
A hope that the mayans were right
A sense that all is not yet lost

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have read much of your blog mostly because i have very little else to do today,little wonder you sing for a minimalist Doom band.

reeferjournal said...

thank you... i think but who are you?