Friday, August 28, 2009

Mysore, Sun O))) and the dust of dreams

I can hear voices in the street. Singing. My eyes are sunken. My neck is sweaty. That bud from Mysore was oh so pretty. Sun O))) are not pretty but they do a brilliant job of setting the mood. The constant drone invades my brain and my ears start to hurt. I would lower the volume but that would mean confirmation of an ugly truth. I cease and desist. Compromise. I almost changed the mood but Attila Csihar started his vocal bit. I thought his song on the last Jarboe album was fantastic. On Aghartha, he's just talking.

The new Cable album is brilliant. I've heard very little of this band previously but The Failed Convict has pretty much got me by the balls.

In other news, Harley Davidson is finally entering the Indian market. I'm waiting and watching.

Kaminay was so much crap. Should have seen it in Rex. Sankat City too was mostly crap. But then I've fallen into the habit of watching some really bad films. Saw one last night called Flesh for Frankenstein with Udo Keir as the Baron. It was the most fucked up retelling of the Frankenstein story I have ever seen. Blew my mind.

Also, the new Keelhaul is mad. This is some seriously heavy twisted music.

So, Dust of Dreams is out already. Discussions have begun in earnest about the book. People have finished it and posted the last 50 pages on line. I sneaked and peaked. Couldn't resist. Quick Ben has a death scene but everyone is hoping he escapes. I'm with everyone on this one. There hasn't been enough QB of late. No mention of him in Toll the Hounds at all. And yes, Dear Diary, who the hell is Iskar Jarak? Do I have to go back and start from scratch? And it turns out the Dying God was actually Bellurdan Skullkrusher. Thank you Internet. At times on Toll the Hounds it felt like there were two writers at work. The entire storyline with Gruntle and the Trygalle Trade Guild was very dull and time consuming with a really irritating side story about a cursed village that totally ruined the momentum of the story and it was told in a very pedestrian way. Why was it there? Anyway, the rest of the book was pretty good. It's coming to an end finally. Maybe just another three years.

No comments: