Thursday, August 06, 2009

So....

So basically, the more jobless and bored I am, the more you get to see me Dear Diary. That's pretty much what it's come down to. An uncle of mine is shoulder surfing right now as I type. This is the second time he's doing it and it's really pissing me off. If we were at work I'd complain to security and get him thrown out of the building under the heading of data protection. Unfortunately, we're not at work. Unfortunately, he's a relative.

I'm in the mood for a big fat cheese Omlette and toast but feeling too bleh to cook it.

I like Tom Waits when he's a bit mad and screaming and shouting and I love him when he's telling stories but his mushy side just seems too mushy. Mule Variations is one hell of an album though. It's got some mush but he's mostly at his best right through these 16 songs.

In other news, My Uncle the Wolf has a new ep out and the band has recovered a fair bit from the Down syndrome of their debut. Now they seem like a more grungy/ stoner rock band with some severe Soundgarden and AiC worship which while not being original is still better than ripping Down off. Anyway, Vader on this new ep sounds like a slightly better arranged version of Double Barrel Blues from the debut. Already lapsing into self imitation but I think I'll hold out for the second album. Who knows, maybe they'll blow minds and kick ass after all.

Spending nights at the hospital has to be one of the most depressing feelings ever. It's this atmosphere of gloom that just hangs over everything. I'm sure there are happy stories to be found in these places but not where I was sitting last night.

Anyway, hunger wins over ennui and I'm off Dear Diary. Want me to save you a bite?

No comments: