Wednesday, September 23, 2009

some more of this and a little more of that

It's incredibly quiet. I hear the occasional footstep. The soft clip-clop of rubber soles and the opening of doors. It's a lot darker here than I'm used to. No shadows. No beams of light. No distractions. If I close my eyes I might actually sleep. I don't like this room.

I went to my bakery in the afternoon. I like an egg puff and machine coffee at about 4. It's a part of my routine whenever I can get away with it. Anyway, last couple of times I've been there, there's been a group of 17 or 18 year olds shouting, laughing, having a good time and very obviously rolling. Different groups too. Then I find out it's common now and the uncle who runs the place was complaining about the boys. I felt very irritated that this was happening in my immediate area . Then I remembered and remembered some more. “Let the little stoners be.” Uncle smiled and started talking about Idukki. “In those days we didn't have all this rizla business you see...”

I intend to have an incredibly long and completely random blog update by the time I pass out.

I think this new The Chasm is quite brilliant.
Fuck! The Chasm is awesome. I'm not going to say that anymore. I'm only going to hope that the world will wake up to one of the trippiest death metal bands ever. New album's better than Spell and probably even better than Conjuration. Stoner death metal. Check this band out already. Yeah okay, one last sentence. This new album by The Chasm is fantastic. Definite top ten for the year. In fact, let's make a list dear diary. I love lists.

Napalm Death – Time Waits for No Slave

Giant Squid – The Ichthyologist
Anaal Nathrakh - In The Constellation Of The Black Widow

Los Natas - El Nuevo Orden De La Libertad

Code - Resplendent Grotesque
Coalesce - Ox
Madder Mortem – Eight Ways
Sacrifice – The Ones I Condemn
The Chasm – Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm

Minsk – With Echoes in the Movement of Stone

Cable – The Failed Convict
Fall of Efrafa – Inle
Wolves in the Throne Room – Black Cascade
Blut Aus Nord – Memoria Vetusta II - Dialogue with the Stars
Absu – Absu
Forsaken – After the Fall
Masters of Reality - Pine/ Cross Dover
Truckfighters - Mania
Vomitory - Carnage Euphoria

Kongh - Shadows of the Shapeless

More like a top 20 but with another 3 months to go that list is subject to change and I'm going to have to remove something to fit the Cobalt in.


Okay, lets name drop some more. The first two albums on that list are insane. Napalm makes me want to break stuff for 50 minutes and then Giant Squid makes me want to sit down in a corner and drift. Awesome by themselves but back to back is insane. I've also been tripping a lot on Farflung. Also, this band called Sula Bassana. Very trippy shit. This band called Men Eater that I'm listening to right now is also pretty good. I've had it for ages but never got round to it. Big booming bass, a creative drummer and big fucking guitars. Some sort of heavy, sludgy, melodic rock. I'm liking it.


I also heard this Finnish band called Katharina today. All girl d beat hardcore punk band. Quite good and really noisy . Then i find out they're all pissed off feminists and I was visualizing tattooed punk rock chicks with Mohawks and safety pins, They look like normal people. I was severely let down.





My fingers smell of Marlboros and so does my shirt. I got a few looks walking up. “You're poisoned,” they said. “What are you doing here?”
Where else would I go?

I really want a cat. Preferably a kitten with the potential for gluttony, sloth and pride in equal measure. I also really want another tattoo.


I saw a man sitting on the steps
Across the road, I was eating crepes
He was drinking black dog, beating a drum

I sensed entertainment waited for it to come
“The Mayans know!” he screamed
The world will end in 2012 it seems

Doomsday prophet, Mayan encyclopedia?
Or just a case of too much wikipedia.


I wish I had another cigarette.

I am stuck in a state of extreme laziness at the moment and am incapable of further thought or action. Farflung used to be a lot more trippy. When Science Fails has a very kraut rock feel to it. Chilled out at some extreme level. I want more rock right now but I think I should also try going to sleep.

Lets see what happens. Hungry. I'm prepared today. Don't go anywhere. I'll only be a couple of hours.


He looked at me like he knew me. Maybe I knew him. Wasn't sure. Couldn't really be bothered. He looked at me and I looked away. Made sure no eye contact happened. He walked on. I felt relieved till I realized he worked there. Chances are I would see him everyday. I think I did know him. Knew him well enough. I don't see him very often though so I'm good.


Amber Asylum
is really awesome when you're tripping your balls off and ready to pass out but I think it's even better when you're sober, bored and can't sleep. Autonomy Suite is just sublime. The whole album actually.



She asked me to kiss her goat.

I said no, I only kiss sheep.
It was the start of something wonderful.

No comments: