Monday, December 27, 2004

1-600-FREAKSHOW

I feel I must do another completely nonsensical update. Far too stoned to write when I had my revelations this weekend.

The watchmen is so fucking brilliant. There’s so many bits I wish I could quote here but for now just one will do.

dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. this city is afraid of me i have seen its true face. the streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over all the vermin will drown. the accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout “save us” … and i’ll look down and whisper “no.”

A simply fantastic story and an even more fantastic way of telling it.

Oh yes. I got the Threinody album. Here’s the funny thing and I kid you not. I put the disc in the player and listen to it. The first song on this live album is a cover. Judas Priest. Grinder. Not bad. But then its Grinder. And Naidu makes everything sound like a Kreator outtake. The second song’s one of their own. Blind Leading The Blind. My speakers decide at this exact moment to completely fuck me over. The volume goes up. The volume goes down. There’s tons of hiss and static. The funny part is, when the song gets over I can hear the crowd and Siddharth with no interference from my speakers. I aim to listen to the CD on my computer one of these days so I’ll be sure to tell you what I think Dear Diary. For now though, Degradation Trip is on the player and Jerry Cantrell rocks.

A hundred miles. Freaks of every shape and size. All coming to audition. A line that could be seen from the moon. Idle speculation. The smoking man. A cigarette in every crevice of his body. Every one of them lit and every one of them being consumed. Smoked. In this menagerie…. his act is lame. The Missing link. Grotesque. Deformed. Walks with a hunch and makes sounds. Hundreds of them in this line. Inbreeding is not as rare as it should be. The bearded lady ? Old hat. The mermaid ? Interesting but this one’s ugly. See if there are any pretty mermaids in the crowd. Giants tread softly. The fat men are carried by their minders. “I can shoot my jizz to an astounding 15 feet.” Not likely. Not on this show son. Removed.

A chain of freaks. The audience will decide on who wins. On who does win takes home a Crore of rupees and a 15 minute pass to the page three lounge. Vote now. When you still can. You decide! Have your say. Which freak will it be ? Call in. Toll free. 1-600-FREAKSHOW.


No comments: