Thursday, December 30, 2004

The Green Plague

So I sit down in front of the computer again. An inconsistent companion. I like this line a lot. Tomorrow morning I might think differently.

Hollow. My life. Hunger. Gone. Fuck. Rarely. Truth. Fantasy. Amorphis. Good. Kill me now. Never. The God On 42nd Street. 5th . Kid Rock. David Lee Roth. Devil. Fun.

The word “hundred” has been playing on my fingers for a while now. 100. Fucking weird. Why 100 ? I remember watching 100 rifles as a kid. A well watched movie cause Raquel Welch was in it and dad had a thing for her. I wasn’t complaining though. Raquel Welch.

I could now tell you a tale of real horror. Not horror of the KLPD variety but of the little horrors of every day life. A visit to the police station. Comfortable chairs it must be said. A general laid back attitude, conducive to chilling out with a book in hand. However, every few minutes, there will be a distraction. Two women beating each other up cause they’re married to the same man. A woman kidnapped for three days because her husband cheated some people. Lots of people cheating each other and two men who dragged each other into the jail. All the while cursing and shouting pretty cool obscenities at each other. A murder of a eunuch by other eunuchs and three cases of lost cell phones. All this in the span of an hour. The police seemed to be good humoured about it all. Not one raised voice or abuse hurled. The people though, man….. if I was a cop I’d fucking lock them all up. Not too horrific after all. I disappoint myself.

There has been no real romance in my life for a long while now. Hundreds. There it is again. Even before I knew it, I’d started typing that accursed word out. Anyway, I think I’ll stop now.

2 comments:

Jugular Bean said...

Were you free writing? The passage has a nice free writing feel to it.

reeferjournal said...

I guess so. Not really sure what you mean by that though.