Thursday, December 10, 2009

the nights feel empty, the days feel too long, this winter smells of death and I'm all alone

I woke up today with a sore throat, an aching body and a vague feeling of discontent and loss. I guess this is what it means to be old. Maybe.

In my younger days this would have meant getting hammered and maybe doing some hammering. Now I just sit on the computer and update you. I guess this is what it means to be old. Maybe.

I spend far too much time these days hoping for things to be better. It's a sad state of affairs and one I've mostly succumbed to out of choice which only makes it all the more tragic.

Nothing to be done about it
I should just walk a good long ways
But my legs are broken
And have been for days

A hunger which will go unfed
A yearning which will not be trusted
A mistake that I'll pay interest on forever
A hole inside made by the word never

I should just walk away
But I simply don't want to
My legs leave me aching
So what if I did the breaking?

I have the gay. Don't come any closer and if you do, then wear a gas mask or something.

Later.

No comments: