Wednesday, December 23, 2009

THC for one

I think tomorrow's going to be a bit weird. I'll remain discrete as much as I want to tell the whole world about it. You're the only one who'll know. Weird craziness more like. Like.

I found a new band today. New for me at least. O' Death, play some really American music. Bluegrass, country, soul all wrapped up somehow in a punk attitude with some serious songwriting chops. I'm liking this band a lot.

Also, A Girl Called Eddy. This is quite nice. Listening to all this pop music is somehow liberating. I feel gay but I'm okay with it. I'm also really thinking about adding a disclaimer.

I'm very bored. I had a stab at finishing something and couldn't but this band is so good. I'm rambling. Ha. I saw a fantastic movie called The Hurt Locker about a bomb disposal squad of three American soldiers in Iraq. I think my biggest mistake in life was made a long time ago. I think I'm eternally grateful. I think I'm living in fits and starts. I think I should stop but sometimes you just don't want to. I play Mario and can't get past level 4. I play cricket and my shoulder hurts for a day. Fits and starts. Life. Being old means living less? I hope not. I feel particularly young and energetic on a good day but most days are just a bit dull. I do the same things over and over but I wouldn't change a thing. Like the reporter said, “where else will I go?”

I'm also feeling very nostalgic man. I walked by Kanti Sweets the other day looking at my old college. It was reassuring to see a bunch of college kids sitting on the steps of the sweet shop but they were actually eating sweets. The cold badam milk used to be insane there. The coffee used to suck ass.

I cannot tell a lie. I can and I do. I'm going to be telling some whoppers tomorrow at around 10:30 am. Again, you're the only one who knows. The weird craziness never goes away. Not fully. Scott H Biram as another new discovery. Very nice. I think my work is done here now but I'll hang on for a bit. I'm hoping for inspiration but will settle for a good movie. I'm holding my hand over my heart but my fingers are crossed. Can't hold on in this quicksand ground and I'm sinking in it. This year, my big discovery was outlaw country and just plain country.

My work here is done.





No comments: