Monday, November 15, 2004

A feline update

I walk the Diwali streets. The stench of cordite, dogs howling, the purple sky is lit up and there’s noise everywhere. Candles lit. Candles melting. My cat’s run off. I walk these streets in search of Lizzy. The wind is strong, Lizzy must be terrified. I must find her. She’s spoilt. 2 fish in the morning, plates of milk with cream and puppy food whenever she wants it which is quite often.

Kill every motherfucker that’s in my way.

Find Lizzy.

A boy with a pet rat on a string. A girl with red ribbons and yellow bangles. I ask them. They look at me with fear. Why ? The picture yields no sign of recognition.

I walk the streets again. I stick photos of the little one in every department store. I’m quickly loosing hope but not giving up. The black cat looks down on me. Lizzy liked him a great deal. She liked Nikki a great deal too. I like Lizzy a great deal. Lizzy’s gone.

1 comment:

Murphy said...

Hang in there Listo.
*hugs you*